Our Middle School Ministry invites 6th through 8th graders to come learn about God, study His Word, participate in fun activities and meet new people.
Saturdays 5:30pm / Sundays. 10:30am
Middle School meets Upstairs in North Village. Jesus invites all to “come and see” who He is and what He is about. Our weekend gatherings are just that, a place for middle school students to come and see. A place we gather to encounter, learn about and worship a truly remarkable God. John 1:45-46
Monthly Events (Sept. – May.)
We love getting together as often as possible! Every month we will have a number of events that allow students to CONNECT, SERVE, or GROW. Hebrews 10:25
- Connect events focus on building relationships with one another and to invite their friends to church.
- Serve events focus on setting ourselves aside and serving the needs of others.
- Grow events focus on building our relationship with God through study, worship, and prayer. See below for the up to date information.Life Groups (Sept. – May)Wednesday Nights 7:00-8:45pm North VillageFriendship. Belonging. Acceptance. Care. We all desire these things. In fact, our hearts were created for such things. God has designed us to live in relationship with one another. Our journey was never meant to be traveled alone. Life Groups provide middle school students the opportunity to share life the way it was intended to be lived. Together.
Middle School Life Groups will conclude on May 15 for the summer
MS “Connect” Movie Night
Friday, May 17 – 6:00-9:00pm – North Village – Cost $10
Cost includes movie, concessions, games, and prizes. Additional concessions will be available for purchase. Sign up with the permission slip below. Contact Dan Son for more information.
MS/HS “Repossess: A Night of Worship” – Cost:Free – Horizon High School, Tualatin, OR
Wednesday, May 22 – Meet @ Village NO LATER than 5:30pm – Concert at 7:00pm
We will meet at Village to carpool down to Horizon high school. We will need parents to help carpool. Sign up using the link below. More details to follow.
Middle School Summer Camp
July 7-13, 2013 – Black Lake Bible Camp – Olympia, Washington
Cost: Early Bird price $355 before June 1, 2013 (a $100 non-refundable deposit will hold your spot and the early bird price) Late registration after June 1, 2013 is $375
This is a great way for middle school students to develop new friendships, deepen current friendships and grow closer to God. Sign up soon as we are limited to the amount of students we can take.
Parents should fill out the online Village registration form below, and submit the $100 non-refundable deposit either by check or through online giving section on the Village website. (Please note, if we receive your registration without a timely deposit we will not be able to hold your students spot) Contact Dan Son or Joanne Doyle for more information.
Get Involved Locally and Globally
Student Ministries Coffee Fundraiser Middle School students of Village will be selling bags of Longbottom’s coffee for $12 per 12 oz. bag, to help offset the cost of Summer Camp. Payment envelopes will be available in the Village Cafe for you to place your money in and pick up your coffee. Fill out the order form below to ensure that we have the coffee you want. Orders made before 5pm on Tuesday will be available the following weekend.
- The Be With Factor- Bo Boshers and Judson PolingComments: By showing the impact of your faith in everyday life, the authors show how each person has the potential to reach an entire generation- one student at a time.
- The Giving Tree- Shel SilversteinComments: This is a great illustrated children’s book that tells the story of what it means to give.
- Leadership is an Art- Max DePreeComments: This is a great book on servant leadership.