Registration for the 2017-18 school year begins on Monday, January 9, 2017. To register your child you must complete a Registration Form and turn it in to the church office along with your registration fee. Availability is on a first come, first served basis. Currently, there is still room in the 3-year classes, however, THE 4-YEAR OLD CLASSES ARE FULL FOR 2017-18. To be placed on a waiting list, please contact Susan Moore in the church office.
Village Preschool is a community of learners and doers. We cultivate a life-long disposition toward active learning, passionate exploring, confident risk-taking, trust in God, and compassion for others.
Our goals at Village Preschool are to:
- Develop a positive self-concept, self-control, a sense of well-being, and a disposition toward a life-long love of learning.
- Develop curiosity about the world, creativity and imagination, confidence as a learner and personal initiative.
- Develop relationships of mutual respect with other children and adults, understand the perspectives of others and learn to negotiate, understand, respect, and appreciate social and cultural diversity.
- Develop a love of language and literacy so that future satisfaction, as well as information, is gained from reading and writing.
- Use language to communicate effectively and to facilitate thinking and learning.
Represent idea.s and feelings through pretend play, drama, movement, art, music, and construction.
- Solve problems, reason, and think clearly.
- Become competent in the management of their bodies and acquire basic large an fine motor skills.
- Develop a knowledge of, and faith in, Jesus, the “everyday” God who loves us.
Teachers Our teachers and assistants are educated and well trained to work with preschool children. Their love of children is evident as they endeavor to meet children where they are and help them develop to reach their potential. Each teacher and assistant has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
3-Year-Olds Children who are 3 years old prior to September 1 of the school year qualify for enrollment. All children must be toilet trained. Class days are Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 9:00 am to 11:30 am. Registration begins in January for the school year that begins the fall of that year. A $75.00 non-refundable fee is required at the time of a registration to guarantee your child’s spot. Tuition is $140 per month (September through May).
4-Year-Olds Children who are 4 years old prior to September 1 of the school year qualify for enrollment. Class days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 am to 1:30 pm. Registration begins in January for the school year that begins the fall of that year. A $75.00 non-refundable fee is required at the time of a registration to guarantee your child’s spot. Monthly tuition is $230 per month (September – May).Village Preschool admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
Lead Teacher, Susan McGuire
Teacher, Cindy Nolan